The holidays have flown by and we wish you all a Happy New Year! To make a fresh start to 2020, we would like to give you some tips on how to get your motivation back on track until the end of the year. The next summer break may seem far away, but we are already halfway through this academic year! Although you may already have made New Year’s resolutions, this blog includes some extra tips to stay motivated.
The importance of motivation
Motivation can be described as follows, it is a state that energizes, directs and maintains behavior. Motivation relates to goals because it plays an important role in achieving personal goals. Although many students start out motivated, they lose their enthusiasm after just a few months. After the Christmas Holidays, this may be the point that your motivation is hard to find, but keep in mind that the more motivation you have, the better your results will be.
Tips to keep motivated
- Studying requires a lot from you, but you do it for yourself. You remain motivated and successful by taking your studies seriously as long as you are eager to learn new things.
- Do not wait until one day in advance to study for your exams. By gradually gaining knowledge you will remember it much better and it will become much more interesting. Therefore, make sure you pay close attention during lectures. By repeating the class material, you enter the exam week confidently.
- You are not on your own! Study together with fellow students or consult with each other when you are together. You learn a lot from each other.
- Is your motivation hard to find? Talk about it with another student or with a study advisor. They can help you and enthuse you to go for it. Talk about your motivation problem and together you will find a suitable solution.
- Make sure to take breaks! Studying for hours without any breaks does not work. Leave your study spot for a while during your break to breathe in some other air. A different atmosphere will allow you to continue your studies in a fresh way.
- Make summaries or describe keywords of the material you are learning. Writing down stimulates your brain to remember because the material you have already written down will be easier to remember.
Motivation can be very simple. All you need is something you really want to achieve and you will find that you are willing to do anything to achieve it.
We hope these tips will be useful for you! There are other blogs that can help you keep up with your studies. Here you can find how you can overcome procrastination. The upcoming period will only last one month, which means your deadline or exam is just around the corner. Here you read about the best way to approach an exam.