- Pillar: Social / Career / Academic / Skills
- Workload: 8-12 hours per week
- Time: September – June
The Amsterdam Research Project is an elite, international research project organized and coordinated by students and professors of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business and Economics & Study Association Aureus. Together with ± 15 selected SBE Master’s students, who all have their own specializations, they conduct research for well-known international companies.
This project offers SMEs and multinationals the opportunity to conduct tailor-made research in a foreign country performed by a group of highly-skilled students. Previous projects have delivered over 100 projects in more than 15 countries, such as The Phillipines, Brazil, China, Vietnam, South Africa, Mexico, and Colombia. This year, the project will go to Thailand!
What do I learn as an ARP consultant?
During the project, you will learn how to be a consultant in a research project abroad as well as learn valuable communication and writing skills. Next to that, you will acquire a consultancy assignment appointed by companies. This is followed by desk research in preparation for the 5 weeks of field research abroad. The end result is a consultancy report that provides well-funded answers and recommendations to the research question. During this process, you will be supervised by two professors of the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam with specialized market knowledge and experience. The Amsterdam Research Project is a perfect opportunity to develop yourself in a variety of ways and to make friends for life with your fellow consultants!
What is in it for me?
- Go abroad for 5 weeks to a developing country
- Gain relevant, international consulting experience
- Enhance your resume and stand out
- Make friends for life with your fellow consultants
- Earn 6 ECTS for participating (selected Master’s only)
- Get the opportunity to discover a foreign country
- Receive training from top consultancy firms
- Develop yourself!
What are the requirements?
- You are an SBE Master student at the VU in the year 2024-2025
- You are available for 8-12 hours a week
- Member of Aureus
- Not hesistent to contact companies
- Stress resistent while keeping an overview
- But most important… you are fun!
How to register?
- Please send your CV + Motivation letter to [email protected]