A new year is a clean slate. Now is the time to start that workout plan, actually get 8 hours of sleep every night, and of course, develop healthy eating habits. “I’m going to eat healthier this year” is one of those well intentioned, but too-hard-to-follow goal that isn’t nearly as easy done as said. We’re here to give you a kick-start with an easy, student-proof, cheap, and delicious recipe.
This recipe for a no-carb lasagne (as we don’t always need those carbs) will give us students enough veggies for the whole day and prepares us for another long day in the UB writing essays.
For 4 persons you will need:
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 250 gram mushrooms, sliced
- 2 big tomatoes, sliced
- 750 grams tomato passata
- 1 egg
- 2 balls of mozzarella, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian herbs
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Oven dish
- Frying pan
- Cheese slicer or a mandoline
- Preheat the oven to 200 C degrees.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the red onion, garlic, and mushrooms, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes, add the Italian herbs, and season with pepper and sea salt. Then, add the tomato passata and stir in the egg. Bring to a light simmer until it thickens, around 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice the zucchini lengthwise in thin strips, with a cheese slicer or a mandoline.
- Grease your oven dish with olive oil and put some of the zucchini slices in your oven dish. Top with a layer of tomato sauce, some slices of tomato and mozzarella, leave some for on top of the lasagne. Repeat this layering, but end with a layer of zucchini. Brush the last layer of zucchini with olive oil and pepper. Top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Put it in the oven for around 30 minutes, or until the lasagne is bubbling and the top is golden brown. (Tip: put the oven on grill the last 5 minutes for the ultimate golden cheese layer)
Enjoy this delicious lasagne and keep up the good work!