Amsterdam Research Project 2019 • Colombia
26 April 2018 - 21 May 2018
Are you up for an adventure?
Apply now for the Amsterdam Research project 2019 if you are looking for a study-related work experience besides your study and before you are going to start your future job! Become a consultant for a year and travel to Colombia for five weeks in April and May 2019. ARP gives you the opportunity to cultivate business experience, meet other cultures, experience vibrant teamwork and have the time of your life!
- Who? A close team of 20 SBE 3rd year Bachelor (having obtained minimum of 90 ECTS) and Master students.
- What? Perform 5 weeks of research in Colombia and become a professional consultant for one year.
- When? September 2018 until June 2019 (trip: April – May 2019)
- Work with a fun and motivated team of students, but also connect with locals
- Improve your acquisition and research skills
- Apply your academic knowledge and work as a consultant
- Broaden your horizon and discover the culture of Colombia
- Have a life changing experience for only €1000 (flight, accommodation, food)
What will your year look like?
- Phase 1: Acquisition (September to January)
We start by acquiring companies who are interested in the project. Company visits will follow and after an agreement we will write companies a research proposal.
- Phase 2: Desk Research (February to March)
Once the research proposal has been approved, the desk research starts. We will gather all necessary information about the company and the destination, so that the field research can be as efficient and concise as possible.
- Phase 3: Field Research (April to May)
We will work in Colombia for 40 hours per week for five weeks to carry out the fieldwork. Meanwhile, we will keep the company informed of significant developments.
- Phase 4: Reporting (May to June)
When we are back in the Netherlands, your team will write a report. This report will be presented to the company
What do I learn as a participant?
As ARP participant you learn how to conduct professional research for a company. In addition, by participating in the project you will develop your communication skills by doing lots of acquisition. You will be trained to become perceptive to the needs of companies and transform problems into opportunities. Besides,this is a great opportunity to work closely together with your fellow students and therefore broaden your network socially and professionally.
Requirements for signing up
- Fluency in Dutch
- Student at SBE of the VU
- Study year ’18/’19; Minimum of 90 ECTS, or a Master student
- Available for 15 hours per week
- A motivation letter, to see how to write this click here
More information about the project can be found by clicking here.
Unfortunately, the application deadline has passed and a team has been selected.