Position: Jr. Portfolio Manager
Legal Entity: VanEck Asset Management B.V.
Department: Portfolio Management & Operations
Reporting to: Managing Director, Head of Portfolio Mgmt. & Operations
Summary: VanEck is a global asset manager which offers both passive and active investment products. A large part of the business is in Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s). The firm has offices worldwide including its headquarters in New York, and offices in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Frankfurt (Germany), Sydney (Australia), Pfaeffikon (Switzerland), Singapore, and Shanghai (China).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Support fund manager and investment activities, including monitoring portfolio performance; conducting statistical analyses; assembling and reviewing data; completing performance attribution analyses; monitoring cash flows; providing operational support (settlement/transfer activities) and completing ad hoc and recurring analyses.
- Ensure familiarity with the organizations existing products and operational capabilities as well as industry and market developments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Ability to understand and explain complex investment solutions and/or are enthusiastic to learn.
- ETF and UCITS mutual fund product knowledge.
- Team player with the ability to work individually and with other team members in a small professional team.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business, Masters a plus
- Internship experience within an asset management or banking industry a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- Proficient in English and Dutch; other language skills a plus