Summer internship: Investment Banking: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM)
Start in Q2 2018
As an intern, you will be actively involved in the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and/or Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams, based at Rabobank’s headquarters in Utrecht. You will have the opportunity to work on both deal origination and execution. Tasks include:
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations
- Perform analysis on companies (including their investment case, strategy, markets, products and competitors) and the wider market (market trends and dynamics, investor perspectives)
- Support financial analyses and company valuations
- Assist the team in the general execution process, e.g. in the preparation of information memoranda, management presentations or prospectuses
The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams are part of the investment banking activities of Rabobank. These departments offer a challenging, young, dynamic and international working environment.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Rabobank’s M&A team advises public companies, large corporates, privately-owned companies and financial sponsors on various types of strategically important transactions. The team has a specific focus on the Dutch market in general and Food & Agri sector globally with an enterprise value between EUR 100 million and EUR 1 billion. It has consistently ranked #1 in the Dutch M&A market and top 3 in the European Food & Agri M&A market by number of transactions for the last 5 years. With offices in Utrecht, New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Madrid, Paris, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo and Mumbai, Rabobank M&A offers full support to its clients in cross-border M&A transactions. The European M&A team is composed by the Head of M&A Europe, 7 Managing Directors, 8 (Executive) Directors and 35 junior professionals. A selection of recent high profile transactions include the public offer on Telegraaf Media Group, the sale of European assets of Cargill and the acquisition of Weetabix by Post.
Equity Capital Markets
Rabobank’s ECM team is specialised in originating and executing equity capital markets transactions. The ECM-related products and services include initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary offerings (e.g. rights issues, accelerated book-build offerings), convertible bond offerings and financial advisory. Rabobank ECM has a continuous strategic dialogue with the majority of listed companies in the Netherlands and Food & Agri globally as well as with potential listing candidates and financial sponsors. A selection of recent high profile transactions include the initial public offerings of Avantium, Philips Lighting and Dong Energy, the rights issues of Credit Suisse and Delta Lloyd and the international equity raisings of Sunopta, Benchmark and TreeHouse Foods. The team consists of 12 dedicated ECM bankers.
We are looking for best in class university 3rd and 4th year students. At the start of you internship you are required to remain enrolled at a university during your full internship and to be available to work full-time for at least 3 months.
Required skills and experience:
- Completing your 3rd year of a bachelor degree or currently enrolled in a master degree
- Outstanding record of academic achievement combined with extra-curricular interests
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing is a prerequisite
- Fluency in at least one other European language (including Dutch) is preferred
- Solid work ethic and high level of self-motivation
- Strong team player
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and international working environment at one of the leading Dutch financial institutions
- Obtain relevant working experience by actively supporting both origination and execution of transactions
- The possibility to combine a M&A and ECM internship
- A competitive internship allowance
You can apply for an off-cycle internship until 31 March 2018. Submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades on our website by clicking on the Apply Now button in the M&A/ECM internship vacancy. Make sure to include the exact time span in which you are available in your cover letter and also indicate the department you prefer. Please be advised that the number of positions is limited.
Please be advised to apply well in advance due to limited availability of internships
If you pass our first selection round, we will invite you for an online assessment. After passing the online assessment, we will invite you for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht. You have to remain enrolled at a university during your whole internship period within Rabobank. This internship position is open for non-EU citizens registered at a Dutch university during the whole internship period.
If you have any questions, please contact Marieke Merkelbach, Corporate Recruiter, +31622482879.
Screening is part of the application procedure. The Rabobank screening procedure is carried out to ensure that new employees are sufficiently trustworthy to perform their duties at Rabobank.