PwC • Graduation Internship ESG Reporting & Insights
15 August 2022
Are you almost done with your University Master studies in a finance-related field and do you have affinity with sustainability? Do you want to combine writing your thesis with experiencing what it is like to be part of a global consulting firm? Then we have the perfect internship program for you.
What you will be doing
ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) has been top of mind for large corporations for quite some time now and refers to a breadth of non-financial factors that companies are increasingly incorporating into their strategies and decision-making. Society is demanding it, our clients want and need to act on it, and PwC wants to deliver on it.
During the internship, you will be mentored by a supervisor / buddy from our ESG Consulting team. Moreover, you will have access to knowledge and data sources that are usually not available at universities. A successful internship is of course also a good first step to get to know each other and unlock further career opportunities at PwC.
Who are you?
We’re looking for interns who are proactive, analytical and numerically strong. Furthermore, you should be curious by nature, interested in developments in the field of ESG and have a critical attitude.
- You follow a University Master in a field such as Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration and/or Control; or in a field such as Sustainable Development and Sustainable Business and Innovation with a strong interest in Finance;
- You have excellent academic results and/or relevant extracurricular activities on your resume;
- You are a team player;
- You are available for 32 hours p/w for five to six months;
- You possess strong communication skills;
- You like to analyze new issues and find solutions in a practical and creative way.
What do we offer you?
As an intern in our team you will be part of an inspiring environment, experience working as an ESG consultant and will have extensive attention to your personal and professional growth.
- You will be part of a dynamic team of dedicated consultants;
- You will be assigned a personal supervisor / buddy (professional practitioner) for the entire internship period;
- You will be assured of various activities, inspiring colleagues and good compensation;
- You will be provided with a laptop and have access to all information that PwC has at its disposal;
- You will be provided with the opportunity to meet your potential future employer.
What does your internship look like?
Our clients deal with numerous challenges related to ESG. Internal and external stakeholders increasingly expect more with regards to ESG and the availability of non-financial reporting data is often a problem despite recent technological developments. Furthermore, questions arise whether organizations are structured to face these challenges and have the right people in the right place.
The PwC ESG Consulting team advises clients on a broad range of ESG-related topics. In short, we help companies with aligning and integrating ESG into their strategy, emphasizing the importance to top management, steering through clear business processes and KPIs, prioritizing the different ESG topics and more.
We offer you the opportunity to conduct independent research as part of our ESG Consulting team. We ask you to write a one-page research proposal, similar to the research proposal you would write for your University, containing:
- Your topic: what is it that you would like to investigate?
- Academic relevance: what value does this research bring to academic development in the ESG area, specifically focusing on Finance?
- Business relevance: what value does this research bring to PwC and/or its clients?
- Way of working: what would be your approach to come to a solid thesis?
Examples of topics for research could be:
- Any topic related to a company’s ESG Reporting & Insights journey currently relevant in academia;
- The changing role of the finance organization due to the increased focus on ESG;
- The ideal governance set-up of ESG within an organization, e.g. whether ESG should be an integral part of the Finance organization.
Are you interested, do you recognize yourself in our purpose and values and do you fit in with the profile? We would like to receive the following documents:
- Research Proposal;
- Cover letter.
We will be in touch within two weeks to report on your application’s progress. Do you still have questions in the meantime? Then contact Max van de Waerdt via firstname.lastname@example.org.