PwC • Consultant Finance, financial sector
18 August 2022
Job Description & Summary
Do you want variety in your work, perform projects at leading financial institutions, work in a dynamic team and have the opportunity to determine your own development and career? Then we are looking for you!
Will organizations in the future still have a finance department as we know it today? Our customers face interesting challenges. Banks must survive in turbulent times of political uncertainty, compete with new business models, lead the way in the digital age and focus on sustainability.
How can they comply with complex laws and regulations, fix their data and extract insights from advanced analytics? Insurers & pension funds face competition from disruptive startups, InsurTech and demanding customers. How do they find experienced professionals, choose the right technologies, can they comply with regulations while reducing costs and what does agile working mean within the insurance and pension sector? Do you help our clients navigate in a multidisciplinary environment, implement major finance transformations and prepare for a new future
What you’ll do
Our Finance Consulting team supports the CFO to master new challenges. How to determine their sustainability ambition and what is the competition doing? What does sustainability mean for the finance function? What is the impact of sustainable finance on the future organisation? How to implement the ever-growing amount of regulations?
As a Finance Consultant you are part of a fast-growing enthusiastic Finance team that focuses on the Financial Sector. In varied and multidisciplinary project teams, you will help banks, insurers and pension funds to improve their financial function. Together with your colleagues, you advise clients who form the top of the financial sector, both in the Netherlands and internationally.
We’ll provide you a home base in the Financial Services Finance Consulting team, which is an energetic and motivated group of people, with strong growth aspirations. You’ll help us to further build a team of sustainable finance, transformational and digital finance consultants, who keep track of leading tools for the future finance function
What you’ll need
As an consultant in our Finance Consulting team you’ll need:
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a related field
- Affinity with Finance
- Enthusiasm, a sharp mind, a pro-active nature and strong communication skills
- You know how to make an impact, you have strong analytical skills and you enjoy working in changing multidisciplinary teams
- You are social, ambitious, eager to learn and like to work together
- The ambition to further develop your knowledge of the financial sector and be eager to gain more in-depth content knowledge on finance related topics including the future of finance, sustainable finance
- Business proficiency in English is required, and knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
What do we offer?
Your career is yours. You decide. We offer you the opportunities for a challenging job that matters. To get the maximum out of yourself. To build trust in society and contribute to solving important problems. Besides this, you will be coached intensively and there is space for your own ambition and personal choices. We offer access to a worldwide network enabling you to exchange knowledge, ideas and questions with experienced professionals in your own area and other disciplines. Our terms of employment focus on your growth and work/life balance. As an consultant, you are part of the GLOBE program for the first two years. In this GLOBE program you will receive a range of training courses aimed at the necessary consulting skills and soft skills. You follow the GLOBE program with both Dutch and European starting consultants, whereby the training courses take place in the Netherlands and abroad. This is what you can expect from us:
- Many training and courses that contribute to your personal and professional development, such as: (give examples)
- An appropriate salary and extensive employment benefits. These benefits include a ‘well-being budget’. This is a personal yearly budget of €1000,- that you can spend on your health, e.g., mindfulness, sports, lifestyle coaching, a second screen for your home office and noise cancelling headphones
- Monthly internet allowance
- A lease car or car allowance, laptop and an iPhone
- 32 holiday days per year
- Informal and interesting (virtual) events with colleagues, such as virtual drinks & cooking classes.
Are you interested, do you recognize yourself in our purpose and values and do you fit in with the profile?
We would like to receive the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- Grade list(s) Bachelor and Master.
We will be in touch within two weeks to report on your application’s progress. Do you still have questions in the meantime? Then switch with Max van de Waerdt, our recruiter via [email protected].