Management Traineeship Pon
WAT GA JE DOEN?
Work at one of 450 branches within 80 Pon companies which are located in 32 countries.
As a Management Trainee you will complete three projects of six months and a sales assignment of two months at four different Pon companies. The first project will be selected for you by Annelouk Pfennings-O’Herne, your Talent Development Manager. You will be responsible for choosing the next three projects. The third project will be a sales assignment. Here, you will discover the true roots of Pon and you will have various customer contact experiences. The duration of your Traineeship will be 20 months total.
After your management traineeship.
The Management Traineeship is designed to develop our future leaders’ competencies. Pon aims to prepare trainees for a Management Team position within five to seven years after completing the program. During your final project you will apply for a challenging first position. Typical roles for a Management Trainee after the program are account manager, product manager, branch manager or team leader in sales, service, marketing or supply chain.
WAT VRAGEN WIJ VAN JOU?
Pon offers you the opportunity to shape your own future. Obviously this requires:
- Independence, entrepreneurship and assertiveness from you as a trainee
- University Masters degree
- You act responsibly and can handle the freedom to build your own career
- That you are able to work with all layers of the organization, from workshop to boardroom
- A passion to perform; your resume and letter of motivation demonstrate commercial interest, international experience and affinity with our products and services
- Extracurricular activities such as board functions, committees, and internships are highly valued
- Confident and fluent in English and the language of the country that you are applying in
- And last but not least, humor and having fun is very important (it’s in our Pon DNA)!
WAT BIEDEN WIJ?
- Working at one of the largest Dutch family-run businesses
- The freedom to build your own career (but really!)
- A proven program to become a future leader at Pon
- Unique and extensive support to develop yourself (manager, senior mentor, coach, training)
- Learning on the job; four field projects in various disciplines and Pon companies, international
- An entrepreneurial culture that enables you to experiment, innovate and make impact
And of course you will get a competitive salary, laptop, mobile and a nice car. Feels almost like Christmas, right?
WIE ZIJN WIJ?
Enter the world of Pon.
Pon is one of the largest family-run businesses in the Netherlands. Pon employs almost 13,000 people at over 450 branches across 32 countries. Our daily goal is to present the best offers we can to our (potential) customers.
Offers based on selling top products from the best manufacturers, and providing complementary services such as maintenance, repair, leasing, rental and financing. It is our staff who make the difference: they work proudly for the brands and for Pon.
Pon is an international trading and service company, engaged in a wide range of activities. The greater part of our activities is focused on import, logistics, marketing, distribution, service and maintenance of products which complement each other in terms of type, quality and organization. Products and markets like cars, commercial vehicles, trucks, busses, tires, road construction and earthmoving equipment, shipping, off-shore, transport and logistics.
In need of any further information? Please check our website www.pontrainee.com or contact our Corporate Recruiter, Lotte van den Berg via email@example.com.
Application process and instructions for your video pitch
We welcome applications between the 18 March and 21 April. The first step of the application process requires uploading your resume, a motivational letter and a 30 second personal video. For the video we ask you to answer the following question:
1. With which Pon product would you like to travel the world, please explain why? (Be creative!).
We kindly ask you to block the dates of the selection procedure in your calendar (check pontrainee.com) as we want to ensure a short and smooth selection process. Please note that if you accept a job offer within Pon, you may start at any moment within the six months after the final selection day.
Good luck and hope to see you in the next round!