The working student role in the CILI team is an interesting position within an asset manager for a star student who wants to start her or his career early and who is up for a steep learning curve. The CILI team is a mid-sized international team of experienced investment specialists which manages two unique mandates: Credit Risk Sharing and Insurance Linked Investments. Your role will be to work closely with the investment professionals in the team and learn on the job.
The exact tasks of the job will depend of the amount of working hours you are available, but will generally consist of:
- Contributing to the analysis of new transactions and the portfolio of investments as a whole.;
- Provide support in the transaction due diligence process.;
- Producing high-quality research reports on topics relevant for our investments;
- Countributing to the development of bespoke tools used in the team.
You will be given challenging tasks from day one. We expect you to deliver high quality on time. Showing great performance will lead to a faster learning curve. You will start with one of the two mandates. Over time it will be possible to switch and learn about the other mandate. As you gain more knowledge and experience, your responsibilities will expand.. In this role you will collaborate with different departments within PGGM, such as Risk and Operations.
PGGM is a Dutch pension fund service provider responsible for managing the pensions for different pension funds, their affiliated employers and employees. With € 252 billion under management, PGGM is one of the largest pension fund investors globally.
PGGM is one of the leading global investors in Credit Risk Sharing and Insurance Linked Investments. The CILI team is responsible for investing around € 11 billion across the two unique mandates.
The Credit Risk Sharing mandate invests in credit risk sharing transactions directly with banks. The Insurance Linked Investments mandate invests in exposures to natural catastrophe risk, sourced by experts we partner up with. We invest worldwide and as a team we look to work together on multiple fronts for both mandates.
The Credit Risk Sharing mandate is to a large extent about understanding credit risk. The Insurance Linked Investments mandate invests in natural catastrophe risks. Having affinity, or perhaps experience, in assessing such risks will be very helpful. Most importantly, you are very curious by nature and eager to learn. You are also analytical and structured in your thinking. Attention to details, precision and affinity with numbers are all important features for this position.
The ideal candidate:
- has a strong academic background (at least one successful academic year completed) in (Financial) Economics, Econometrics, Corporate Finance, Business Administration, Engineering or Technology.;
- is available for at least 8 hours a week (flexible working hours);
- enjoys quantitative challenges and is comfortable in formulating clear opinions;
- has strong analytical skills and is a fast learner;
- is precise and has attention for details;
- can write and speak in English fluently;
- is proficient in Microsoft Excel and preferably has some programming experience.
- the possibility to work in a professional working environment and in an ambitious and experienced team, with many different nationalities and a diverse pool of professional and academic skills;
- a steep learning curve and the possibility to develop yourself;
- the possibility to learn about unique investments that are not commonly seen across asset managers;
- an international focus and intellectual challenge