We’re looking for an HR intern to help us improve and maintain our HR operations, making sure that our candidates and employees have their needs and expectations met. We are looking for a new team member that will be willing to start from February 2020. In this internship, you will have the possibility to choose between working in Employer Branding and Recruitment or Employee Experience.
We have no managers at Nmbrs and we get work done by organising people into multi-function teams. Although we have one office in Amsterdam and in Lisbon, we don’t let the distance prevent us from working together. In HR, we’re starting new initiatives to improve the entire candidate and employee lifecycle. With this comes a lot of challenges and possibilities to grow but also an opportunity to have an impact on how the company grows.
What you can expect from this internship:
- A daily mentor to help guide you through our culture and processes;
- Learn how to work in an Agile environment;
- Get responsibilities from day one that is connected to the goals we want to achieve;
- Give your personal perspective on ongoing team projects and create your own;
- Play a strategic role in our weekly and monthly meetings.
In this internship you can choose:
We currently have two main focuses: candidate experience and employee experience.
Candidate Experience: you are going to help with Recruitment activities (which will represent the majority of your internship – around 90% of your time) and Employer branding tasks. Your activities will include:
- Ensuring that candidates have the best experience possible by screening application materials, schedule and interview candidates, and help them throughout the entire hiring process (Recruitment)
- Assist in sourcing activities (Recruitment);
- Assist in keeping our talent community engaged (Recruitment);
- Help position Nmbrs as the employer to work for, both internally and externally (Employer Branding);
- Help plan employer branding events (hiring people is way more than interviewing) (Employer Branding);
Employee Experience: you are going to help create the best work environment for all Nmbrs employees. Your activities will include:
- Take part in the Pre-Onboarding & Onboarding of new hires;
- Oversee & conduct the First-year Feedback development conversations;
- Oversee compensation & benefits and Personnel mutation;
- Learn about Dutch and Portuguese labour law;
- Support decision making by gathering and analysing data, combined with a focus on external best practices;
- Work on employee experience projects such as a healthy work environment, cultural inclusion, and (remote) team collaboration.
- You will touch all points of HR within the company context, from employee life cycle (from onboarding to exit) to sickness and feedback.
As an HR intern, you can choose which you’d like to work on. If you think you already made your mind, but both positions have some points you would like to learn about, don’t worry, we enable collaborations between both teams, to give you the best possible learning experience.
Perks and Benefits
- We kick off the summer by bringing in all offices together for an amazing event at a very secret location that gets crazier each year;
- We try to have some fun once all the work is finished. We partake in bouldering, have a couple of drinks on Friday or hit the town for a night out;
- We ensure a healthy balance between your professional and personal life;
- We’re a little different, not crazy. And we hope you are too!
- Breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks every day!
We are looking for you if you are:
- Candidate experience: Currently studying Human Resources/Work and Organisational Psychology, Psychology or similar
- Employee experience: Currently studying Human Resources Management;
- You are currently enrolled at a Dutch College/University.
- Looking for an internship starting in February 2020, with a minimum duration of 4 months and able to work 3.5 or 4 days per week.
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a nice-to-have;
- Previous experience is not needed, we are here to help you learn!
- Someone who sees that HR is a combination of proactiveness, constant growth and empathy towards others.