KPMG • IT- Audit Trainee
3 March 2024
Are you a Young Talent with a broad interest? Do you want to learn and develop into an all-round professional? Do you want to become an IT Auditor but also gain broad knowledge in the areas of Advisory, Digital Assurance & Innovation and Sustainability? Take on the challenge during the IT Audit & Advisory (ITAA) Traineeship at KPMG!
- How do you implement the latest technology at leading clients?
- What is the impact of Data & Analytics on an Audit process?
- How do you develop into the auditor of the future?
- How to perform successful line audits and spot checks?
- How do you learn to look broadly at the risks associated with IT, and how do you have a good discussion with your client about them?
- How do different work areas reinforce each other?
This is you
- Completed WO Master’s degree (preferably an accountancy or IT related study);
- Maximum 1 year of work experience;
- Affinity with both Audit and IT;
- Collaborative, development-oriented and ambitious;
- You do not shy away from a challenge;
- Analytical skills and a critical, inquisitive mind.
Your role as IT- Audit Trainee?
The IT Auditor of the future is a multi-faceted all-round professional, which is precisely why, as a Young Talent, you will be introduced to all facets of the Assurance profession. During the two-year program, you will rotate departments after a few months. In addition to IT Audit & Advisory, you will have the opportunity to gain insight into our Financial Audit, IT Advisory, Digital Assurance & Innovation (Daní) and Sustainability teams. Your clients will be in different sectors which will give you the chance to see a lot in a short time. This will give you a broad view of the IT Audit & Advisory profession and will enable you to progress as an IT Auditor with a clear understanding of how different work areas are related and can reinforce each other.
ITAA: you will be engaged in regular assignments both audit and advisory that focus on the management of risks associated with the use of IT.
Financial Audit: You will work as a financial auditor and learn how financial audit and IT audit are related.
Daní: you will learn to develop and apply digital techniques within Financial Audit and IT Audit.
Sustainability: ESG reporting is based on IT systems and here, too, good control of the underlying IT systems is important. With sustainability, you’ll learn how ESG reporting and IT Audit are linked.
At the start of your Traineeship you will be linked to a Development Manager. Together you will be responsible for achieving your professional and personal goals. You will have regular contact with your fellow trainees and by means of guided intervision you will share your experiences and learn from each other. You will also work in different teams so you will quickly get to know many KPMG employees and build a good network. In the long term, this will certainly be reflected in your career! The post doc RE study at the VU, UVA, EUR or the KUB is part of the standard education program. All in all: An excellent way to start your career within IT Assurance & Advisory.
What we offer
- Learning from each other in enthusiastic and driven teams
- An intensive RE training program, professional coaching and a lot of attention for personal development
- 30 vacation days
- A competitive salary
- A laptop and iPhone that you can also use privately
- A lease car or mobility budget
- Discount on insurances and the gym
- Facilitation of home office