A broad-based and varied career
The Retail Banking track within the ING traineeship provides you with a broad foundation for a varied career within the bank. Does the thought of working on various product management-, marketing- or sales projects appeal to you? Or would you prefer to be involved in improving business processes throughout the Retail bank? The Retail Banking traineeship enables you to develop your career in many different directions. One thing’s for sure: you’ll receive excellent preparation for a pivotal role within the bank.
- Make a real difference as a trainee
- Retail Banking, the face of ING
- User-friendly products, top-class service
- Securing our customers’ financial future
- Agile way of working
- Responsibility from day one
- Your first year: projects at home and abroad
- Your first ‘real’ job: continuing to grow
- General and specialised training courses
- Leadership skills and content-driven training
- Broad-based development in a dynamic field of work
- Apply online
Make a real difference as a trainee
As a trainee at ING, you can – and should – make a real difference. We rely on you to take the initiative. We expect you to be eager to learn and take an entrepreneurial approach. To seek collaboration to achieve optimal outcomes. And to develop, and share, your own vision. Above all, we expect you to deliver tangible results.
Our key priority is to offer our customers the most suitable financial products and services for their needs. As a trainee, you’ll take a critical look at the bank’s activities and proactively make suggestions for how we can do things even better. Since ING is a large organisation with many different stakeholders, you will need stamina and conviction to get results. A talent for building consensus and plenty of self-confidence are essential qualities if you are to be successful as a Retail Banking trainee.
It also helps if you have experience of shouldering responsibility by managing a team or project – perhaps through a part-time job or other extracurricular activities.
Retail Banking, the face of ING
User-friendly products, top-class service
Securing our customers’ financial future
Agile way of working
Responsibility from day one
As a trainee, you will be fully involved in the business from day one and you are expected to quickly get to grips with the complex material. This is your opportunity to demonstrate how your analytical skills, customer focus, leadership capability and persuasiveness can help us to optimise our services. Whatever your assignment may be, we hand you plenty of responsibility right from the start. You’ll be in regular contact with many different departments and managers in charge of the various Retail Banking channels. You’re the linchpin of the whole process.
In the Retail Banking traineeship you’ll work for our Retail Banking clients, including Personal, Private Banking and Business clients. Personal clients are serviced digitally, via a contact center or a branche office with products such as mortgages, current and savings accounts, investments and loans. We offer these products to our Private Banking clients as well. The Business clients segment consists of small and medium sized enterprises (SME) and mid corporate clients, with products such as loans, investments or asset based finance.
A few examples of products you could be working on:
- Together with IT developers – in line with the lean-start up method – you’ll develop an app, where clients will find everything they’ll need when in the process of buying a home
- Developing an online platform for Private Wealth & Asset Management clients, where entrepreneurs and start-ups will be matched.
- Help activate as many people as possible to take charge of their finances by giving them the services that help them to make choices that serve their financial situation, for example by further developing the Financially Fit Tool.
- For our mortgages clients, release improvements of the application process: faster, more transparent and predictable.
- Streamline the process of business lending, in order to improve the percentage of loan approvals in the application process.
- Working with the Investment team to provide our clients with an overview of, and insight into, suitable investment opportunities.
Your first year: projects at home and abroad
Your talent manager will help you to decide on your first project, which will introduce you to the core business of Retail Banking. Besides your own project you will work together with the Retail Banking trainees of your class at a group assignment. By working at this assignment you will gain insights about the diverse departments within the Retail Bank. The assignment is supervised by an external coach and will be finished by a presentation and advice to senior management.
It’s up to you to arrange your second project. Now it’s a matter of making use of your network and your own initiative. Many of our trainees opt to work on an international project at this stage.
Your first ‘real’ job: continuing to grow
General and specialised training courses
Leadership skills and content-driven training
Broad-based development in a dynamic field of work
Choose the Retail Banking traineeship at ING and allow your talent to flourish! Apply online for the vacancy of Retail Banking trainee and convince us of your potential. If you’re successful, you’ll be invited to take an online test, which is step 2 of the selection procedure for the International Talent Programme.
You can find detailed information about the application and selection procedure here
We can only accept complete applications. This means your CV and (provisional) transcripts of your bachelor and master grades. Incomplete applications will not be processed. It is not necessary to upload a cover letter, since we use motivational questions that will appear during the application process.