ING Graduate Internship Energy
The ING Global Sector Energy team provides tailor-made financial solutions in the form of advisory and financing to the leading players in the energy sector. We cover companies involved in producing, processing, transporting and marketing of fossil fuels as well as renewable energy, transport and marketing of products.
In Amsterdam the following subsectors are covered by 5 dedicated teams:
- Upstream Oil & Gas (oil and gas reserve base lending)
- Midstream & Downstream Oil & Gas (storage, pipelines, petrochemical plants)
- Offshore (FPSOs, drilling rigs, offshore (wind) construction)
- Renewables & Power (solar and wind power generation)
- Utilities (electric, gas, water and power distribution companies)
ING Sector Energy Amsterdam is offering internships or graduation project positions for talented students who are in the final phase of their bachelor or master study. We offer a stimulating and dynamic international working environment. Our teams are very dedicated to serving our clients and we work together in an informal yet highly professional manner.
- You will be assisting with the origination of new business opportunities in the energy sector in cooperation with team members and other ING teams.
- As a member of a small, highly skilled team, you will support the execution of financial transactions and assist with timely closing of transactions.
- You will have contact with industry clients, support functions within ING (e.g. risk management) and other product departments.
- Graduation projects may also be considered.
What do we offer?
- Live deal-execution experience in a dynamic environment.
- You will be trained extensively and will be seen as a full member of the team.
- Exposure to complex (project) financings requiring cooperation with other ING departments, consultants, banks and sponsors.
- Opportunity to create a network within ING as well as in the wider banking and energy sector.
Ideal competencies and experience
We are looking for customer-oriented and result-driven candidates that have strong analytical skills combined with excellent presentation and communication skills. You have commercial acumen, high proficiency in English (both spoken and written), you are self-motivated with a high degree of initiative to get things done and you are an excellent team player. ING promotes diversity. Financial knowledge is not a prerequisite, but proven affinity with the financial services sector is important.
When you are looking for an internship position for 3-6 months within Wholesale Banking – Sector Energy, you can apply by sending an e-mail to Soo.van.de.Laar@ing.com. Please add your CV, motivation and a grade list (both university and secondary school). Please also indicate if you have a preference for one of the teams.
Please note that due to the short term experience we offer to students in their final year, we only consider students from Dutch Universities