IBM • Associate – Data Scientist
25 June 2021
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you about to graduate or have you recently graduated from university? Do you want to pursue a career in high quality consulting services around data science? Do you have a strong interest in technology, and would you like to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends? Then this role might be for you!
IBM Services Associate Program is IBM’s world-class 2-year development program for talented graduates with a strong academic track record. It will give you the opportunity to jump-start your consulting career by combining client project work across different industries and service areas with focused training, project rotation and mentoring. Designed by experts, the program will accelerate your consulting career to help you develop leadership skills.
Your department and role
The Cognitive and Analytics department offers a variety of services relating to the use of AI, machine learning and advanced analytics to solve key business problems for IBM clients in a multitude of industries.
As a Cognitive or Analytics consultant, you will make use of tools ranging from IBM proprietary software like Watson to open source frameworks to deliver high quality and impactful business solutions, furthering the use of AI at an enterprise level for our clients.
- Help our clients to solve AI challenges (Predictive Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning & Deep Learning).
- Translate analytical solutions into recommendations.
- Build/improve data-driven models using statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Advise and guide our clients on how to implement AI at an enterprise level.
- Prototype, productionize and integrate machine learning models in business processes and enable automated, intelligent and data-driven decision making.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers using effective data visualization techniques.
- Write production level code and build scalable data science pipelines in multi-cloud environments (IBM, Azure, AWS, GCP) or on prem.
We are looking for entry level candidates from all backgrounds with not more than 2 years of experience to become full-time Associate Consultants.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proven by a university education and other relevant (online) courses or certifications.
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and concepts like regression and classification as well as supervised and unsupervised learning methods.
- You have experience with programming languages such as Python and/or R
- Practical experience in solving complex challenges using data analysis and modelling.
- Ability to explain complicated analysis to a non-technical audience with your storytelling and data visualization skills.
- Experience in NLP (for example with university projects) is a plus.
- Experience working with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch or Caffe is a plus.
- Experience with software engineering principles like versioning, CI/CD, packaging and distribution is a plus.
- Affinity or experience around financial services is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Dutch is highly preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 4 days a week.
If you’re interested in this position, please follow the following steps:
- Apply via our career site and upload your CV and motivation letter (in English), directed at Mai Lan Pham (Talent Acquisition Partner);
- The recruiter will follow up with your application within the next weeks;
- The most suitable candidates will be invited to the Virtual Assessment Day on June 25th where you will spend the day with similar minded graduates.
Your presence for the Virtual Assessment Day on June 25th will be required.
The start date for this role is September, 2021.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Eligible to work in Europe without restrictions.