IBM • Associate Consultant – Digital Commerce
25 June 2021
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you about to graduate or have you recently graduated from university? Do you want to pursue a career in consulting services? Do you have a strong interest in consumer technology, and would you like to work on cutting-edge technology with leading retail and consumer companies? Then this role could be ideal for you!
IBM Services Associate Program is IBM’s world-class 2-year development track for talented graduates with a strong academic track record. It offers you opportunities to jump-start your consulting career by combining client project work with focused training, project rotation and mentoring. Designed by experts, the program will help you accelerate your consulting career and help you develop key skills.
Your department and role
The retail industry has been the epicenter of innovation for centuries. Today, digital technologies and socio-economic trends are transforming how customers and businesses interact. The end-to-end consumer value chain is changing beyond recognition and the retail industry is at the vanguard of this revolution.
The retail team within IBM iX® works at the intersection of strategy, design and technology to digitally reinvent our client’s business. We combine multiple digital technologies – cloud, artificial intelligence, cognitive, mobile and the Internet of Things (IoT), among many others – to fundamentally rethink customer and partner relationships, both conceptually and in real time. It involves the creation or orchestration of unique experiences for customers and other stakeholders through business ecosystems and establishes an environment in which platforms of engagement can form and evolve.
You will join our dedicated retail consulting team that works for several of the most well-known retailers in the Benelux. Our consulting services range from eCommerce, SAP, Analytics, IoT to Automation and beyond.
As an Associate Digital Commerce Consultant, you will use technologies such as hybrid cloud, Automation, IoT and artificial intelligence to help accelerate and transform the retail business of our clients so they can work smarter, more agile and to increase their readiness to meet the everchanging consumer needs.
A typical Covid workday will start with a stand-up with your team to discuss the workload and activities. Next could be a review of the sprint results that were completed the previous week and in between a discussion with the product owner and the business representatives on their (future) requirements. Depending on the technology your team is working with, this could involve SAP, S/4HANA, Salesforce, HCL Commerce, Azure, AWS, React, Python, Plotly, or another one of the technologies our clients use. Meanwhile we could be having a brainstorm together on how we could develop one of the emerging opportunities around IBM’s Foodtrust (Blockchain), a digital marketplace or Apps.
Put differently, your activities would likely include the following:
- Work (remotely) in a dynamic and agile environment often with daily stand ups
- Analyze, Design and Implement processes and systems for Retailers in the Benelux
- Have the responsibility to work on your own (sub) activities in a (project) team
- Establish what you need to grow and act upon those requirements
We are looking for entry level candidates from all backgrounds with < 2 years of full-time working experience to become full-time Associate Consultants.
- Are eager to learn and develop with an open mindset
- Have an active interest in retail and the consumer products industry
- Are pragmatic and a team player supporting others
- Have a Masters degree, preferably within a relevant field such as Informatics or Industrial Engineering, and are hands-on with (information) technology
- Have an understanding of (the impact of) consumer technology on retail and retail issues and are eager to contribute to solving these issues (with technology)
- Fluency in English and Dutch
- Have a driving license B
- Are willing to travel up to 4 days a week
If you’re interested in this position, please follow the following steps:
- Apply via our career site and upload your CV and motivation letter (in English), directed at Mai Lan Pham (Talent Acquisition Partner);
- The recruiter will follow up with your application within the next weeks;
- The most suitable candidates will be invited to the Virtual Assessment Day where you will spend the day with similar minded graduates.
Your presence for the Virtual Assessment Day on June 25th is required.
The start date for this role is September, 2021.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise