IBM • Associate Consultant – Digital Business Strategy
25 June 2021
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you about to graduate or have you recently graduated from university? Do you want to pursue a career in high quality consulting services? Do you have a strong interest in technology, and would you like to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends? Then this role might be for you!
IBM Services Associate Program is IBM’s world-class 2-year development program for talented graduates with a strong academic track record. It will give you the opportunity to jump-start your consulting career by combining client project work across different industries and service areas with focused training, project rotation and mentoring. Designed by experts, the program will accelerate your consulting career to help you develop leadership skills.
We typically work at the intersection of strategy, creativity and technology to help our clients digitally reinvent their businesses. Are you interested in becoming part of an user-centered consulting practice, defining and implementing new business models while leveraging state-of-the-art Marketing and CRM SaaS platforms? Interesting in surrounding yourself with insightful people, hot technologies and far-reaching resources?
Joining the IBM Customer Transformation Services, you will progressivelly help reinventing businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies and assets. You’ll learn to manage the different components of an engagement, working closely with (colleagues and) clients and their customers to understand their pain points and recommending best advises and solution components. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented colleagues in fast moving environments.
As an Associate Business Transformation Consultant within IBM, some of your main job responsibilities will be to:
- Think about and experiment ideas via Design Sprints, to come up with products and services to delight customers and users;
- Explore & apply models, frameworks (like Enterprise Design Thinking), techniques and processes to help our clients come up with fast solutions which matter and with high impact for users;
- (Co-)facilitate business requirements workshops with customers to gather, capture & describe business and industry requirements in the format of user stories, customer journeys, flow charts and wireframes;
- Develop User Journey Mapping with emphasis on pain points and opportunities to improve the current journey(s);
- Collaborate on all layers of development – work closely with business, design and engineering teams – to craft delightful user experience from front-end design, configuration to some mid/backend tier work (integration) of packaged solutions;
- Innovate with evolving customer experience in terms of applying technologies and business models;
- Learn & apply project methodologies (like Agil / Scrum) and play several roles depending on the project set ups (like Scrum Master or Business Analyst).
- Owning a Master in Computer Science, Business Economics or Business & Management;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 4 days a week;
- Strong communication skills;
- You speak either French or Dutch as your main language and you have a good understanding of the other. You are fluent in English. If you speak all three that will be a bonus;
- Strong interest and appetite to contribute to user experience design;
- Proactive and assertive mindset.
If you’re interested in this position, please follow the following steps:
- Apply via our career site and upload your CV and motivation letter (in English), directed at Mai Lan Pham (Talent Acquisition Partner);
- The recruiter will follow up with your application within the next weeks;
- The most suitable candidates will be invited to the Virtual Assessment Day on June 25th where you will spend the day with similar minded graduates.
Your presence for the Virtual Assessment Day on June 25th will be required.
The start date for this role is September, 2021.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Eligible to work in Europe without restrictions.