IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you about to graduate or have you recently graduated from university? Do you want to pursue a career in high quality consulting services? Do you have a strong interest in technology, and would you like to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends? Then this role might be for you!
IBM Services Associate Program is IBM’s world-class 2-year development program for talented graduates with a strong academic track record. It will give you the opportunity to jump-start your consulting career by combining client project work across different industries and service areas with focused training, project rotation and mentoring. Designed by experts, the program will accelerate your consulting career to help you develop leadership skills.
Your department and role
Your to-be department is called Cloud Application Services, where we focus on Cloud application innovation in a broad sense. We advise our clients about the transformation to cloud and what value it brings; we help clients moving their legacy systems from on premise to cloud, we migrate legacy systems into a modern architecture (micro-services), we build new apps on Cloud and we advise on how to operate on Cloud. In doing this, we apply modern approaches and techniques: Agile, DevOps, Microservices; we also bring our own reference solutions and methods to speed up the work and to not re-invent wheels.
Your role during the programme is Consultant; understanding the strategy or business problem, identifying alternatives for resolving them and advising our clients. You’re also working in cross-discipline teams to implement the proposed solution. Over the course of the programme, once you have seen what IBM has to offer and where your preferences lie, there is also the possibility to develop yourself into a project manager or architect. In these roles, you are helping the client implement their strategy, either by managing (large) international teams or designing and putting in place the new solution.
- Engage with the client to understand the context and get the problem statement, strategy, or innovative idea clear. Organize workshops to get input from client and IBM stakeholders.
- Be part of an Agile environment and Scrum team, engaging in daily stand ups and working in sprints
- Obtain customer functional and technical requirements and translate them in a way that developers and testers can understand them.,
- Collaborate with the rest of the team of architects, specialists and project manager to identify best practices and solution alternatives.
- Draft an approach, roadmap and high-level solution for the client, based on input from the IBM team, the client and the SME’s. Present this to the client.
- Support in creating a proposal to summarize the solution and the implementation approach.
- Stakeholder management will be a big part of your job, being the main interaction point for our clients.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent. All in all, you are into (information) technology!
- A fluent way of interacting with other people, roles and disciplines.
- The ability to think out-of-the-box and keep the end state in mind.
- A drive for quality.
- A continuous attitude to learn and grow yourself.
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Knowledge of customs domains like import/export and transit of goods are a plus.
If you’re interested in this position, please follow the following steps:
- Apply via our career site and upload your CV and motivation letter (in English), directed at Mai Lan Pham – Talent Acquisition Partner;
- The TA team will follow up with your application within the next weeks;
- The most suitable candidates will be invited to the Virtual Assessment Day where you will spend the day with similar minded graduates.