We’re looking for the future leaders within International Banking – and this starts with our internship program in the Netherlands. The duration of this program is minimum four months- ideally six months. You will need to be forward-thinking, driven and perceptive, open to different ideas and cultures and enjoy being part of an international team.
Over the course of the internship, you’ll take on a role in one of our international banking team, either our corporate relationship managers, Business managers or other area. You’ll gain first-hand experience of how we provide international solutions to our global customers to support their growth. This will see you having the option of taking on a hands-on, customer-facing role alongside experienced managers and colleagues and a diverse network of peers. Your team will value your contribution and encourage you to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You’ll learn about the foundations of international Corporate banking and the importance of customer satisfaction.
Please note that we have the option for general internships or specific roles within Compliance, Large Corporate Relationship Banking, International subsidiary banking, payments and cash management, trade finance or business management. In case you have a specific interest in one of these areas please indicate this within your application.
Assist in all aspects of banking activities
- Develop and maintain complex financial models to support management decisions
- Help with the coordination of cross-functional teams during due diligence, execution and integration
- Communicate results of financial analysis, research and due diligence, both verbally and in writing, to senior management
- Prepare presentation materials for senior management
- Assist in preparation of internal strategic planning presentations and analyses
- Prepare valuation, industry and competitor analyses
- Support the Corporate strategy in country
- Work effectively in partnership with other teams and product providers
- Support senior managers by cross-pollinating sales best practices across and between regions, along with leading/participating in local/regional/global initiatives that result in higher returns
- Support change for strategic business sales / opportunities that significantly improve business performance
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Ensure that the business meets it’s internal and external regulatory requirements
- Identify risks within the portfolio
- Maintain data integrity
- Support internal and external reviews of risks and processes
- Background in finance, or related area
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong collaboration, coordination and facilitation skills
- Advanced Excel skills & proficient with other Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- This is an excellent opportunity for you to experience the corporate world by assisting in various challenging projects
- The internship will show you what it’s like to work within Corporate Banking and help you decide your career options
- You will drive your development, with regular access to business leaders for coaching and advice. You will also be assigned a mentor, who can offer guidance and support.
You will be paid throughout your internship. You will get a compensation of € 1,250- gross per month to cover travel and other expenses.
HR Generalist, Belgium and The Netherlands | HSBC BANK PLC
Phone: +32 2 761 26 72
Mobile: +32 490 411 106