At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
Demand for data center infrastructure is growing. Linked to a massive data explosion, the need for analytics is expanding and the technology and consumption are shifting. The market is changing profoundly and innovation is required.
Our core belief is that the world is going to be Hybrid and we make Hybrid IT simple. And we do that through our offerings in the Traditional Data Center, Software-Defined Infrastructure, Systems Software, Private Cloud and through our public cloud partnerships.
The Hybrid IT Team will take on the development of market readiness, sales readiness, catalyse initial sales and build reference customers for HPE’s flagship Hybrid IT Solutions: HPE Synergy, HPE SimpliVity, Azure Stack and New Stack Offerings later on.
Hybrid IT Sales Specialist for Direct or Indirect Sales hunts for opportunities from Inside Sales: this specialist has to work on all the opportunities detected by an Inside Sales, either small or transactional deals for Northern Europe ISR Led Accounts plus any deal from non-nominated accounts- This is not an inside sales role
- Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives.
- Maintain and use overall cross-portfolio knowledge to support account leads with integration of solutions.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels – new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO’s, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
- Develops long term sales pipeline to increase the company’s market share in specialized area.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities for customer value by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit in specialty area.
- Sets direction for Hybrid IT business development and solution replication.
- Creates and grows reference customers.
- Sell complex products or solutions to customers on a partnership basis.
Education and Experience
- University or Bachelor’s degree.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Prior selling experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities.
- Typically 3+ years of related sales experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch native
- Is considered a master in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large, complex solutions.
- Nice to have deep knowledge on Hyper-Converged Systems and Composable Infrastructure, Software Defined Infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code, Dev/Ops, Cloud Native, Microservices, Containers and Cloud in all deployment models.
- Know strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in account and how to leverage this knowledge in the account.
- Uses expertise specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the solution with the client’s business needs.
- Can build a value proposition “on the move” to help develop the solution around Specialized area technology solutions.
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy.
- Successful customer and partner engagement experience.
- Understand and sells high value software solutions.
- Great team player with a positive attitude.
- Drives specialized area solutions to market and to volume.
- Significant percentage of time spent in the local country directly with customers and/or partners and distributors at all levels.
- Can “craft” complete solutions with Technology Services in collaboration with strategic Alliances
- Leads sales engagements where the field of specialty is the key to a profitable and successful delivery.
- Balances industry knowledge with the value of technology to enable articulation of business value in a customer engagement.
- Needs to accept failing fast, then start again, based on WW guidance’s/plans.