FOUNT is an impact investment firm focused on access to finance and sustainable development, combining demonstrable social and environmental impact with adequate financial returns.
FOUNT acts as fund manager and investment advisor for a number of funds and provides strategic advisory services. Fund and investment-related clients include BIX Capital, Good Fashion Fund, Agri3 Fund and DIGH. Advisory clients include amongst others World Bank, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, KfW, Rabobank, IDH and Oikocredit.
FOUNT is active in several sectors in developing and emerging economies such as financial inclusion, clean energy, low-income housing, agriculture and the apparel industry. FOUNT is a small, but internationally working organisation that values clear communication, engagement and passion, high quality of work and fun in the work place.
FOUNT has outsourced a substantial part of finance and administrative obligations for the company as well as for a number of funds to external service providers (e.g. VAT returns, tax filing, payroll, bookkeeping, financial reporting, annual accounts).
Your role is focused on supporting the Controller of FOUNT and its two Directors by carrying out administrative, financial, logistical and communication tasks as well as some office management. A substantial part of the administrative and financial activities is focused on providing and reviewing information in relation to external service providers as well as monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements and relevant agreements and arrangements.
Overall tasks and responsibilities
- Support the Controller in the process of providing timely financial information to external service providers
- Support the Controller in assessing the information received from external service providers and suggest adjustments where necessary
- Prepare payments in the internet banking applications
- Prepare invoices and assist in preparing claims based on receipts and credit card statements
- Provide regular compliance assessments for FOUNT and relevant funds
- Support the Controller in keeping manuals up-to-date by making amendments and revisions
- Ensure that insurances, licenses, certificates, subscriptions are tracked, renewed, paid and filed
- Assist in setting up/maintaining a CRM file/database for tracking contacts
- Monitor and buy office supplies
- Support the Controller and the Directors in correspondence with insurers, Chamber of Commerce, lawyers, notaries and other external parties and undertake regular reviews
- Marketing and communication updates: updating newsletters, website and other marketing materials (based on input and formats provided by others)
- Other supporting activities, as requested by the Controller and/or the Directors
You will report to the Controller.
What’s in it for you
We offer you an opportunity to work in a small, professional and hands-on team, focused on creating impact and financial returns in emerging markets.
- Professional and intellectual capacities comparable to Bachelor or Masters Degree in Economics, Business Administration or with additional qualifications or comparable studies with a similar finance/business/administration background
- Some experience within the financial sector or fund management sector, preferably in an international environment
- Affinity with at least three of the following areas: administration, finance, fund support, business support, compliance, database management
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Accurate and pro-active; perseverant when required
- Hands-on, pragmatic, flexible and capable of working in a diversified small team
- Comfortable working in an informal internal setting, while maintaining high professional standards.
Availability: preferably 24 hours per week
Start: September 1st 2020, 1-year contract, including one month probation period
Location: Amsterdam (Centre) , The Netherlands
Contact : Sabien Deneer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your CV and motivation letter to the email address mentioned above by July 21th 2020 latest