EY • Consultant CFO Treasury • Financial Services
22 September 2023
As a global leader in (Tech) Consultancy, Assurance, Tax and Transactions services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The opportunity – What future are you building towards?
Volatility in the foreign exchange markets and interest rate markets, regulatory challenges for cash management structures, disruptive FinTechs and changes to hedge accounting rules are just some of the challenges that corporate and bank treasuries have to deal with nowadays. As an advisor at the Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) department with a focus on Corporate Treasury you are contributing to the key topics on the CFO agenda.
Our team – Do great minds always think alike?
Within the CFO-Consulting department, we work for the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) agenda of (international) clients in both the financial and non-financial sectors. We jointly advise CFOs and Finance Leadership Teams and support them in various issues and challenges that are important to them. We specialize in transforming the Finance function and helping CFOs redefine and transform the Finance function into a future-proof organization. This includes developing the Finance strategy, organizational design, process improvement, and deploying the latest technologies.
Responsibilities – How can you make a lasting impact in a rapidly changing world?
- You will be doing project based work in a team to advise both bank- and corporate treasuries on topics such as risk management, hedging and developing hedge accounting solutions, cash pooling and general cash management and providing exceptional client service, and in that way building long-lasting relationships with our clients
- You have affinity with accounting and advisory related work
- Working in teams, at our offices as well as at the clients offices, and also working independently
- Working across multiple projects
- Owning the topics on the CFO’s agenda, to contribute to a better working world
Job requirements – Where do you start if you want to change the world?
- You are in the last phase of your study or obtained a Master’s degree in Accounting & Control, Corporate Finance, Business Administration, International Business, or related and preferably combined field
- You are eager to dive into new regulations and topics and to learn new skills, and interested on what’s on the horizon for the financial sector
- You have an international mind-set and willingness to travel
- You have strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and influencing
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, both in verbal and in written
*Research shows that male candidates often apply if they see a 60% match with the profile, while women only apply if they see a 100% match. If you do not meet the above points but think this is the right position for you, we warmly invite you to apply anyway.
Already interested? Apply now!
What we offer – Is everything that counts being counted?
- Salary: in addition to your fixed salary, depending on EY’s financial performance, you may be eligible for a bonus. You are also entitled to an expense allowance (depending on the position) and an internet allowance of €40 net per month
- Flexible working: you decide where and when you work in consultation with your team. At home, at the office, at the client’s location, or from another European country (up to 20 working days per year)
- Home office arrangement: to optimize your home office, EY provides the following resources for you: an office chair, a sit/stand desk, an external monitor, a desk lamp, a (Bluetooth) headset, and a large external keyboard
- Time off: you are entitled to 29 vacation days per year when full-time employed and you have the option to purchase additional days
- Training and education: we offer you intensive training (hard & soft skills) and education besides your work (e.g. Registered Accountant (RA) studies, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Management (FRM)), support by a personal counselor and mentor, and support with education – temporal and financial
- Mobility: contribute directly to our ambition to reduce EY’s carbon footprint to zero by 2025. With the new scheme, you can choose from diverse sustainable options through the EY My Daily Travel app or online platform. This includes lease bicycles, electric shared scooters, electric shared cars, flexible lease cars, and various subscriptions for public transport. You can also track your CO2 footprint using the app
The Amsterdam office
Our office in Amsterdam is located in the Zuidas, a bustling area where many businesses are situated. In our Cross Towers, Anouchka and Lucia welcome up to 1.000 people every day upon arrival. Haven’t had breakfast yet? Taib will make his special smoothie for you or simply a delicious cappuccino. During the lunch break, the team of Hans and Mehdi will be ready with a fresh lunch for you. For a breathtaking view of Amsterdam, head to the 22nd floor. Collaborating takes on a new meaning with the Wavespace. This high-tech environment brings clients and colleagues together virtually from all over the world!
Due to laws and regulations, and because EY (and in some cases its clients) has high demands on the reliability and integrity of its employees, every new employee will be screened. Depending on your rank the pre-employment screening could contain the following: Certificate of Conduct (in Dutch: VOG) or – if requesting a Dutch VOG is not possible – Criminal Background Check of the country you are currently living or have lived during the last five years, integrity questionnaire, verification of ID, diploma’s and/or work experience and consultation of the Dutch insolvency registry.
To learn more about working at EY, please visit the following link: What it’s like to work here | EY – Netherlands