C.H. Robinson • Sales Development Representative
30 March 2023
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will grow C.H. Robinson’s business with the organization’s ideal prospects, primarily shippers based in Europe. In this role, you will develop qualified prospects by identifying, researching, contacting, and qualifying leads. The SDR will conduct high-level conversations with managers and senior leaders about their business and their supply chain with the goal of gaining access for our commercial organization. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, goal-oriented and driven; curious, consultative, and influential and can effectively interact with team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Generate qualified leads and set sales appointments to increase the odds of closing more business by allowing sales to begin their sales process with qualified leads who are ready to speak with them
- Leverage cold calling and/or lead generation experience to communicate with a high daily volume of potential clients via phone, emails, and LinkedIn
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts and orchestrate discussions around their business needs.
- Build, manage and nurture a sales pipeline of interested prospects
- Work closely and collaboratively with sales to develop and implement prospect communications
- Successfully maintain and grow relationships with internal teams and subject matter experts
- Day-to-day responsibility will be responsible for connecting with prospects and generating opportunities with new and existing customers; set up customer calls and/or meetings
- Become an expert at using lead generation tools to routinely extract contacts and craft accurate and targeted lists of prospects
- Conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social drips using sales engagement software to connect with new prospects
- Collaborate with marketing to provide fast, consistent follow-up on inbound leads
- Develop strategies to drive more qualified leads
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School diploma
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in cold calling or sales development position
- Fluent in German and advanced level of English
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Sales oriented and results driven with strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Can do attitude with a positive problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and positive with excellent active listening skills
- Strong critical-thinking skills; ability to assess and evaluate information in real-time
- Outstanding organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and last-minute requests
- Ability to manage a large volume of inbound leads
- Knowledge of any of the following industry sectors: Retail, Food & Beverage, Automotive, Chemicals
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!