Internship Organizational Change Management
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people’s lives more liveable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are present around the globe, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Dulux, Sikkens, International and Interpon. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
About Global Business Services (GBS)
GBS drives functional excellence by continuously improving and innovating the way we execute our business processes. We are driven by the belief that an excellent service delivery model is essential to business growth.
Our overall objective is to improve the quality of our services, reduce costs and give back time to our business so that they can focus more on our customers, growing their business and innovation. We do that by improving process, cost, quality and cycle time with transparency and excellent customer service.
We currently provide Services in the domains of: People (HR), IM, Finance, Procurement Sourcing and Real Estate & Facility Management.
GBS already has a strong culture of continuous improvement and talent development, but to strengthen our capabilities, projects will be initiated and executed in various areas on an ongoing basis. Furthermore GBS aligns with any existing functional transformations, and we are a strategic partner and synergy driver during mergers and acquisitions.
About the Organizational Change Management (OCM) department
Our team operates in a dynamic environment and both the transitions of work to GBS and the continuous improvement projects described above require organizational change management to ensure we minimize organization disruption and maximize outcome. Since GBS is a relatively new department, communication about our purpose, objectives and progress to the organization is key to our success. Our team is a mix of senior, medior and junior level Organization Change Management experts. We all enjoy sharing our expertise and passion with others. For that reason and to bring in fresh talent and ideas, we always have one or more interns in our team. So please read the internship description below and let us know if you’re interested.
– Responsible for maintaining the GBS website and the Organizational Change Management and Customer Experience intranet page
– Responsible for organizing the reoccurring GBS Global WebEx sessions and supporting in global GBS internal communication
– Supporting in different projects and transitions on Organizational Change Management and Communications within GBS
Key Accountabilities and activities
Responsible for maintaining the GBS website and the Organizational Change Management and Customer Experience intranet page:
– Update the GBS website according the AkzoNobel standards with news, announcements
– Update the intranet page for Organizational Change Management and Customer Experience
– Store and clean up documents in the digital library
Responsible for organizing the reoccurring GBS Global WebEx sessions and global GBS internal communication:
– Plan the upcoming meetings in the agenda of the GBS LT members
– Support local coordinator to organize the meeting (booking of meeting rooms, writing invitation, creating a distribution list etc.)
– Facilitate in the presentation (story line, agenda, slides)
– Align with Internal Communications on regular updates which could be communicated towards the GBS group
Supporting in different projects and transitions on Organizational Change Management and Communications within GBS:
Support in Organizational Change in projects and transitions, or taking the lead in small impact projects:
– Perform in stakeholder overviews and analyses.
– Create an overview of the change impact; manage stakeholders in order to ensure alignment and synergy.
– Develop change strategy and plan, on the basis of the stakeholder analysis, the organization change impact assessment, including risk & issues, change interventions, incl. communication and training, and timelines.
– Coordinate development of high quality communication, embedding. Regular communication is needed through newsletters etc.; a change network might need to be set up and supported. Calls and meetings need to be organized.
– Coordinate training material development & material expenses, mobilize trainers, organize sessions, evaluation etc.
– Create templates for the OCM work in the project and transition methodologies
Job requirements/Candidate profile
The internship is open for 3rd year Bachelor or Master students that are enrolled at a university in The Netherlands. A background in Psychology, Sociology, Business Management with specialization in Organizational behavior or similar is strongly preferred.
Further requirements for this internship:
– Excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
– Excellent course performance
– Experience in building and maintaining a website
– Prior work experience/managerial experience are an advantage.
– Strong digital administrative skills
– Strong interpersonal (initiative and energetic) and communication skills
– Sensitive to a diverse and multi-cultural environment
– Outstanding networker with strong people management skills
– Takes personal accountability and ownerships of tasks
– Strong problem solving and analytical skills
– Customer focus: by building successful partnerships with our customers
– Deliver on commitments: we do what we say principle
– Passion for excellence: striving to be the best in everything we do, every day
– Winning together: we develop, share and use our personal strengths to win as a team
As part of your application, please supply:
– higher education grade list (including results of not yet finished degrees)
– letter in which you motivate your application
Only candidates who have supplied these three documents will be considered.
An employment screening and an online assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
The internship will start in March and will terminate end of August 2018.
If you would like to receive additional information, please contact Denise de Bock, Talent Resourcing Partner, telephone +31 (0)88 0106789