Student Internship Sourcing Intelligence
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people's lives more liveable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
AkzoNobel Procurement is a global organization responsible for sourcing, supplier selection and contracting of €10bln spend on an annual basis. We also manage the relations with our suppliers to improve their performance and ensure that AkzoNobel can deliver to our customers.
In the Procurement organization, the Sourcing Intelligence team supports the global procurement teams with creating sourcing strategies, analyzing market trends, driving best practices and performing complex analysis as part of the procurement process. Given the volatility in the commodity markets, such as the recent swings in oil price, these are essential insights for our procurement colleagues. The team consists of 8 sourcing analysts ranging from university graduates to experienced professionals and is based in Arnhem and Amsterdam.
There are multiple opportunities to do an internship; such as developing should cost models, investigating pricing trends and correlations, investigating best practices for procurement processes such as supplier collaboration and innovation, or identifying ways to improve our sustainability and carbon footprint with our suppliers.
- University student, studying in The Netherlands
- 3 rd year bachelor or master student
- Strong affinity with procurement and/or supply chain management
- Studying for instance International Business, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Industrial Engineering & Management, Business Information Management or Chemical Engineering
- Excellent English (read and write)
- Preferably also excellent Dutch (read and write)
– At least 6 months for a Master Thesis related internship
– At least 4 months for other internships, e.g. summer internship or job shadowing
If you would like to receive additional information, please contact Rob Sanders, Graduate Talent Resourcing Partner, telephone +31 (0)88 0106789 #2.
We are looking forward to receiving your application, including CV, cover letter and list of grades from the Dutch university by mail. Please send it to: email@example.com.