The summer vacation is just around the corner, which means that the academic year is coming to an end. It is time to let go of all the stress and do the things you’ve probably already been doing for a few weeks, but without the feeling of guilt. Fun in the sun, but not feeling like chilling in Vondel Park? Read on to gain some inspiration for great places to tan in Amsterdam. Be a tourist in your own city!
1. Bar Hopp
- What: rooftop bar on top of Casa 400 student-hotel
- Where: Eerste Ringdijkstraat 4
- Breakfast, Lunch and drinks options with an extraordinary view of the city from above. The bar is recently renewed and open every dry day until the end of September
2. Strand Zuid
- What: Urban Beach
- Where: Europaplein 22, next to the RAI
- Sunbathing on a beach bed, drinking a special beer on the terrace, or catching meal, Strand Zuid brings the vacation feeling to the city.
- What: Urban Beach 2.0
- Where: Jacob Bontiusplaats 1
- This is also a beach, restaurant and bar in one! You can lay down on a beach bed or sit at a table and enjoy your bar bites, drinks or small meals. Roest is not only a urban beach, but a host of several nice “theme” nights. Go check the website for more info!
- What: “Creative hangout on the NDSM wharf”
- Where: Neveritaweg 59
- Pllek is the place to be in the north part of Amsterdam. It is a very eco friendly place, and offers a lot more than just drinks or food. With a lovely view of the IJ, you can enjoy a movie in the outdoors if the weather is good. Also, Pllek offers an outdoors yoga class every Sunday morning.
5. Kanarie Club
- What: terras/bar
- Where: FoodHallen
- The Kanarie Club is a bar/restaurant in the FoodHallen, with a big variety of choices. You can have a nice 3-course meal and a lot of good cocktails. What also a big plus is, that they have a large capacity, so if everything else is full in Amsterdam, you can always try here!
Want more tips for nice places to go to? Even close to the university? Reread this year’s first blog Good Food, Good Mood and explore!